I stop breastfeeding my 3 y.old daughter when she was 2, and now she has a She has the obsession of pinching the neck and moves her mouth as if she was sucking the breast.

I know it sounds so weird, it is something I really hate, she does it all the time, it now hurts, and she does it to everyone, even to her little 6 months brother. What can I do to stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell her its not nice & displine her properly for it if she continues..
    I dont think this has anything to do with nursing though. has she ever seen anyone such neck before? lol that may be where she is getting it from ..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I dont think this has anything to do with nursing though. has she ever seen anyone such neck before? lol that may be where she is getting it from ..

Well I do relate it with nursing because while she is pinching the nech she moves his mouth as if she would be eating you know what I mean. And this behavior is almost inconsciously.
    Anonymous

• Let her know that pinching is not okay. As far as the mouth movement, ignore it. It isn't detrimental. Pick your battles. My son turned 8 Sunday and moves his mouth like that in his sleep.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 7:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I agree with the pinching advise! This is something that won't persist, so don't freak when she does it, just dole out consequences as if she had only pinched, since thats all she's doing. This may be relatd to nursing little brother maybe, while she was nursing she didn't know what it looked like to nurse. now she does, and is experimenting. normal normal normal (lol my son used to lick people)
    bekabunnie

Answer by bekabunnie at 11:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• lol i was breastfed as a child myself until a year and i used to pinch too..lol the neck under the arm the elbow that was me. my mom didnt stop me i eventually grew out of it once i started school but for me it was a comfort thing and i think it maybe the same for her. u know a child bonds with the mother when they nurse and she has that bond with u its a comfort thing. i pinched everyone too...she will grow out of it..but when it becomes annoying and too painful tell her no and direct her attention to something else
    ARMYWiFEnSAHM

Answer by ARMYWiFEnSAHM at 11:56 AM on Oct. 23, 2008