Going back to school.....

My son is almost 3 years old and I think it's time that I went back to school. I have a Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts and want to go for a Masters in something else. The problem is figuring out what I want to get it in. How did you pick?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 7:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• I just had a baby in June and am about to go back to school in January. There are SO many things out there I would love to do, so my best advice would be to find several things that you are interested in and try them out...if you still find the interest, keep pursuing it....if not, try something else. Eventually you'll find something you truly enjoy doing!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 7:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Top 10 most wanted jobs and employees........

http://www.employmentspot.com/employment-articles/global-most-wanted-top-10-most-desired-employees/
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Money should be the perk, not the reason. You should make a career out of something you love to do. You have to find personal satisfaction, and like going to your job every day. Think long and hard about what you like. Ask people that you're close with what they can imagine you doing. You could also go to your local high school guidance office and ask about the test that tells what you excel in.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Talk with the counselor at the college you want to go back to and they will help you decide what would be best suited to your intrests and the credits you already have.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• If you are going to work outside the home, you may as well go for the job that will pay you the most, some are nursing, teaching, and accounting. Pick the one you would most like to do and make a list of the benefits like 3 months off for teachers, work 3 days a week in nursing and so on. Then weigh the cost of daycare, clothing, lunches, gas and make sure you have enough coming in to cover these costs. I work at home so I don't worry about these expenses.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I am in school right now to youhave to think on what you are best at my major is child development .I love kids I have three and I am very good at working with children and planning curriculms etc you just have to sit down with a counselor and say look I have a bachelo'rs degree in liberal studies but I would like to get my masters in something else they will give you all the help you need.Me I will get my bachelo'rs in psycology in marriage in counseling I will change majors because of the finicial issue teachers don't make that much only teaching at the unversity they make good money why because my math teacher always tells us get you masters degree it will open more doors .I get a lot of advice from my teachers they are great not all are great but I love mine that I have this semester.
    Anonymous