iam so fat ater giving birth two month ago ifill like am eating too much and i would like to know if anybody know if the depo shot makes u eat igot it for the first time once i gave birth on the third day .please help i want to stop eating but food keeps calling me am also breast feeding

SHYMILLENIUM

Asked by SHYMILLENIUM at 3:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depo can make you gain 15-20 pounds. Most people who experience weight game don't do a second shot. I'm not sure if it makes you hungrier, but it is known as the bc with the greatest likelihood of weight gain.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• gain* sorry, typo!
    SabrinaBean

• The hormones make some people way hungry. Try to keep things around that you can eat that aren't high in calories. You can eat a lot of blueberries and it won't be all that many calories. Drink a large glass of very cold water half and hour before meals and it may help you feel fuller. Stay away from buffets. Breastfeeding will help burn calories. Trying to exercise a lot may just make you more hungry. Some exercise is good to be fit but don't count on it making you loose weight. Go to google and type in superfoods and go to several websites and get ideas for foods to eat. Drink only water. The DASH diet plan (Google it) is safe for breastfeeding mothers as long as you get enough calories. Good luck.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i will never do depo again because of it and i am now doing my best to drop my wait i hate being big my self esteem sucks I don't even like to undress in front of my DH.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• me too ihate getting undress and looking at my belly flat from preggo and my huge tights
    SHYMILLENIUM

Comment by SHYMILLENIUM (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes i gained 15 lbs on the hsot, my siter gained 40 lbs. one of the main symptoms of thde depo shot is weight gained.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• omg, this happened to a girlfriend of mine with baby #2. She had worked soooo hard to stay healthy and maintain her weight and then the depo... had so much trouble losing the weight. Not sure about the cravings/hunger though. Good luck mama! Ask your OB for maybe a nutrionist referral to help with your meal plan??
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You need to develop major will power.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:21 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I can't believe they gave you depo while you are breastfeeding. I didn't know that was safe? I gained weight with Depo. I was on it for 6 or 7 years. I would not recommend it to anyone. I really think it played a roll in me having such a hard time getting pregnant. I think it screws up your body big time. If you are worried about forgetting to take the pill you could try the patch. You only have to change it once a week.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010