What do you do with old greeting cards?

I am not a hoarder or anything but i seem to have a hard time throwing away greeting cards that people have given me.

I wondered if most people save them or toss them.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are a few choices I use. First set: I keep the ones that have special meaning or pictures. Second set: If they're in great shape I cut them out, paste them to matching construction paper to make new cards. As expensive as they are today, No way am I throwing $5 in the trash! The Third set: If there are scene like Mountains, Oceans, animals, flowers, I'lll take them to the elementry school so they can use them to make cards as well. The Fourth and final set that are for those retired or in nursing homes. I drop them at the Senior Center and also at the Nursing Home with the Craft Director. They never have enough supplies for crafts for the residents. Those are my choices and I'm sticking to it! LOL Have fun with them or Bless others....
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• They go into recycling, those that can't be recycled go into the trash bin.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I remember a friend of mine one year made a bunch of home-made hand dipped chocolates, she folded the used cards into little boxes to hold the chocolates. The decoration on the front made it cute and decorative and super easy. And resulted in perfect boxes to hold 4-6 chocolates.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I keep them all. I have a big Rubbermaid in the attic with photos and cards and keepsakes... I would never toss that stuff. It's so great to go through and look back on all those memories!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i cut out some of the cuter pictures and use them in crafts or scrap booking
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's bad, but I throw them away almost immediately. By the next day, they are gone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• book shelf in living room. standing when in season and stacked when not.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• my mom once took all the xmas cards she had and punched holes in the top corner, tied them all together on a long string and hung them on the entrance to our kitchen. it was really neat looking, and very festive.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If they have a nice picture I save the picture and use them for note cards or put in a frame to display.
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• depends on what they are. If Christmas, they are used for decoration around door frames and fire place. Any other greeting cards, pictures are usually cut out and used to make a collage.
    sharonm9376

Answer by sharonm9376 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010