How do I keep my baby's poor little hands warm?

My four month old sucks on her fingers all the time, hence, they are always super cold. I have tried using those little glove things, but then she just sucks on those and they get soaked and her hands stay cold all the same. Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping her hands warm?

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 7:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think you have to worry about it too much. Just make sure the room she's in is warm enough and that she's dressed warm enough. If her cold hands don't seem to bother her too much, but the rest of her is warm, she should be okay.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Im going through the same thing. I got sick of her wearing wet cold mittens too! :) I now put a sweater on her thats the next size up and her hands are covered and for some reason she doesnt like to eat her sweater. good luck!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughters hands are almost always cold. I asked the ped. about it. She said I do not need to worry. Its more common than I thought. And it wont harm your baby if the hands are cold, until they are not -freezing- cold then you dont need to worry. Make sure her feet, legs and the belly are warm and your little one will be fine.

if gloves dont work, then there isnt really anything else you can do :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• mine does that as well and anytime i notice them cold i'll hold them in my hands till they warm up or stick her under the cover with me if i'm watching tv.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• babies blood flows not really regulated yet so you don't really need to worry unless her whole body is cold.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 9:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008