Anyone dealt with Ectopic Pregnancy?

An ectopic pregnancy occurs when the fertilized egg implants somewhere other than on the inside of the womb. ie. in the fallopian tube. This is the most common cause of maternal death during the first trimester. It is not always clear why an ectopic pregnancy occurs. Some research suggests that they may be related to problems with the fallopian tubes http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/dangerous-illnesses-complications-during-pregnancy/

What did you experience? What are the risks?

freyjawire

Asked by freyjawire at 3:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, I have been lucky and have never been in this situation.
    collegemom123

Answer by collegemom123 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, I had an ectopic pregnancy. The doctors thought that I was too far along in my pregnancy for it to be ectopic, so they never checked for it. My tube partially ruptured & they think about 3 weeks later fully ruptured. I was in pain for those weeks, passed out from the pain or blood loss or both in a K-mart, then when it fully ruptured woke up in such excruciating pain that I couldn't even stand up. I had to actually crawl to a phone. I was home alone with my 2 yr old. When they finally did the ultra sound I told the technician " Just put me out & let me die" the pain was so bad that I couldn't even think of my child at home, I just wanted to die. The doctor told me he didn't know why I was alive, that you have about 13 hrs before you may die from internal bleeding, my tube as I said had partially ruptured weeks before& from the time I woke up til I went to surgery was more than 13 hours....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010