How often do you go out to eat?

Fast food or sit down restaurant? We eat out probably 5-6 times in a month.

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We used to go a lot more. We haven't been out to eat in months. It's so expensive, we are 5 people. My son is 15, so no kids menu for him. I have no problem getting take out from nice restaurants. When you don't have to pay for tip or drinks it cuts down the price. Plus we are always running somewhere these days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• 5 times month
    kdr143

Answer by kdr143 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We get doughnuts on saturdays and breakfast on sundays.

We usually eat fast food once during the week.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We have a chinese restaurant down the street that is absolutely fabulous.
    Lunch is until 4.
    We get three or fourn lunch dishes and it will feed. Me, my husband, my son, my dil, and three grandchildren.
    There sizes are huge.
    It includes the main dish, white or fried rice, eggroll and soup.
    The price is $3.75 to $4.50 a piece.
    So we get take out from there at least once a week and sometimes two times.

We also get a coupon out of our paper for a mexican restaurant Buy one Get one Free.
    We go there for lunch once a week. My husband, myself and granddaughter.
    She eats part of ours. We get beef fahitas and chicken fahitas.
    They come with the fahita, a guacomole salad, spanish rice, and refried beans and fahita shells.
    We always have about half left and take the box home where we warm it for another lunch.
    That is $6.95 plus two drinks, milk and soda at $1.25 each.

We really can eat out for less
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We don't usually get to eat out a lot or frequently. It is more of a luxury thing. We might get to every two weeks but it depends on the money situation. Plus, we usually alternate on cooking so I don't get burnt out... so it kind of feels like getting to go out to eat since my dh is cooking for me =]

That and... I like knowing how the food was handled.. and prepared... fast food and some sit down restaurants aren't very safe anymore... and I would rather my family not get food poisining... js
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• we usually grab something (fast food) every saturday. i cook all week so its a nice break for me. but sometimes maybe twice a month i go out to lunch with friends.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We go out once a week to a sit down type of restaurant as a family.My husband and I try to get out for at least a meal w/out kids but sometimes w/ friends once a week.Doesn't always happen.In this equation we almost always go to breakfast/brunch /lunch after church.Sometimes at our club other times not.More and more the kids have plans on Fri or Sat nights ,spend the nights and such so we are making Sun family out time.We seldom eat out during the school week.Rushing to get home while spending 50 to 75 for an anxious meal doesn't make sense for us.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh I meet friends for breakfast after carpool once every other week and meet other friends for lunch once the other weeks.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• A couple times a month for fast food.
    And maybe once or twice every couple of months for sit down.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Hardly ever, when on holidays or when the kids have activities away from home.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010