is it normal or is it a sign of something

my daughter has injured her arm again and can't move it. i'm not sure what happened because i was in the bathroom but when i returned my daughter was crying and i asked her what happened and she told me her arm hurts and can't move it. this happened before when she was a year or a couple of months old. the first time it happened i massaged it and i moved it slowly for her and a couple of hours later she was fine but this time around she hasn't been able to bend the arms.
i think she and her brother were playing a little to rough or their daddy grabbed a little to hard when he was playing with her

Asked by emilia27 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• This happened to my daughter and to my granddaughter. I took them to the Dr. and the ER and their arm was put back. It was dislocated.

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• How old is she?

Answer by ria7 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• age of child??

small child can have shoulder dislocation if "picked up" by the hands, like childs arms straight up toward ceiling, someone grabs childs hands and pull up off floor

could this have happened?

Answer by fiatpax at 4:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Bend as in joint? Probably dislocated.

Answer by louise2 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Growing pains?

Answer by QandA at 4:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If she cannot physically move it and it causes her pain then it is something more then just playing too rough.
    You really should talk to her OB about it.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010