Prenatal Massage @ 36 1/2 wks

Is it safe if everything is good with the pregnancy?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got one when I was 35 wks. I asked the doctor and he said it was fine. Everything went great! Just make sure they are certified to do one!!! :-)

Enjoy!!! :-)

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I was encouraged by my OB/GYN to get one, I was getting massages every week up until my induction - my son was 3 weeks over due.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes I am a liscensed massage therapist and they are completely fine. Just make sure the therapist is certified or liscnesed and also that he or she does not rub the web between your thumb and pointer finger or the insides or your ankles. this can cause pre-term labor. also make sure you bring an extra pillow incase they do not have one. You will more than likely be in a side lying position. Relax and Enjoy!!!
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 6:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Go for it!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010