trying to get pregnant

my husband & i have been married for 5 months now & we have 1 son who is 3 (my husband is his step-dad) & we would like to have kids of our own. i had my IUD taken out in April 2010 & the Dr said that i would be able to get pg right away if we wanted to. well we've been trying ever since then & so far no luck what-so-ever. we both are starting to get worried that something might be wrong. my periods have been kinda regular/irregular depending on how you look at it. they always seem to be a week later than the month before. when i had my pap done in April they said it came back abnormal but i wasn't able to go back in & get re-examined to find out for sure what it was. the Dr didn't know if it was hpv, cancer, or something else. is there anyway to find out for sure what would be causing it without having to make another Dr appointment? i work all day so i don't have time to get to an obgyn during the week for one. please help.

PixiFairy

Asked by PixiFairy at 4:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i would go to the doctor for sure this is important bc it could be somethng serious
    kdr143

Answer by kdr143 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• You shouldn't try to get pregnant if you know you've had an abnormal pap... it seems awfully causal to throw in terms like cancer or hpv when you are trying to get pregnant- you should be at your healthiest! You only increase your risk for miscarriage or infertility if something is wrong. Visit the doctor before going any further.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010