After seeing and hear Bishop Edddie Long and Jamal Parris

has your opinion changed or stayed the same. Personally I'm sad for both men and pray they get the proper help to overcome their issues.

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 4:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I pray the same. They have sin issues, as we all do. Wether it be homosexuality, lust, greed, lying, or whatever nobody is perfect. It is right to remove him from his position for sure, you cannot preach Gods word and then engage in this sort of behavior, it's not right. I do believe that the bible is right when it says we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This is the reason for grace, and a measure of it should be offered. However disipline is needed by the church, as well as counsiling, and any steps needed for rehabilitation, because the bible is also clear on how a church should handle this sort of situation as well.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 4:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• There is no cure for prevs. the damn Bishop should just be locked up and have the key thrown away. It sickens me even more that he used his power to do such a thing. A man that is suppose to spread the word of God should be someone you can trust.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• did the bishop admit to anything? if not, then why form such solid opinions?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• This is actually the first I've heard of it. If he did this, I think it would be appropriate to stop having the television ministry, at the very least. I think it's also good for sex offenders who target minors to be forbidden to be alone with children. I believe in forgiveness, but I also believe in accountability. If he is found guilty, there may be jail time. I learned last spring that an old boyfriend of mine from junior high was arrested as a pedophile. I was sickened by the news.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• He never said he didn't do it.
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• well, still..i never said I didn't do it, either. it just pains me to know that so many people are absolutely dying to make stuff like this as complete truth, without knowing anything. some people love to see others fall..and that's sad. i don't want it to be true, but if it is, i'd hope things are dealt with accordingly. if there's criminal charges, then so be it. if its 'in-house', then let the church deal with it.
    i think so many people are in want of justification for crimes that go unpunished, they are all too-willing to cast stones at the first glimpse of alleged impropriety. at this point, it is still 'alleged'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• ok dull nobody wants this to be true cause we got kids and nobody ever want harm done to their kids and definitively not in church. just so you know i never throw stones cause we all fall short of the glory daily. we can give our opinion on any and everything.
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No wonder America is a mess.... no grace in the responses in this thread.

Eddie Long is still a child of God in His eyes. He sees what he will become. Christians fail.. but its what they do with that failure that should be looked at.. not what they did. That is called GRACE. If God's people would get this we would have less finger pointing and more pouring of His grace and correcting in love and helping them back on their feet again... instead the wolves and lions think they have the authority to rip a person apart.. non believer do this too. so sad.
    My feelings have not changed. Neither has God's.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• that's all i was saying, shaneagle/op/whoever...no one knows exactly, and if its true, then it will be dealt with, either prosecution (if there's a crime) or by the church, hopefully.
    i was just giving my opinion, op. if you didn't want to know, you shouldn't have asked.
    that's all i was saying.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• anytime i post i want your opinion its always welcome on my post. Im not claiming to know when he comes on tv im still gonna watch he's human just like us.
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010