should she see a doctor for this?

my 8 month old is cutting 4 teeth at the same time. 3 days ago, she started eating a lot, LOT less. she was eating 6 oz bottles 4 times a day and a big bowl of cereal with a fruit or veggie before bed. now i can barely get her to eat 3 ozs of those bottles. i cut out her food completely to try and get her to eat what's most important, her formula. today i did feed her a little bit of cereal and bananas because she seemed hungry this morning, but not now anymore. 2 days ago, she started pooping like crazy, and i mean having explosions out of her diapers. this has caused her to have a horrible rash, it's raw in several places, like pieces of her skin have come off. i'm doing what is necessary to keep it under control. but being that she's eating less, pooping more, and a rash that i don't think otc creams will help, what would you do as a parent?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest take her if her rash is that bad. I know cutting teeth can mess with everything, including ears, so it may hurt to eat. But her diaper rash can get infected. I would definitely take her in and get some medicine for her poor little tooshy!! :-(

Good Luck!!!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Has she had that Similac formula?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• no, she's on goodstart gentle and has been since birth. no problems thus far.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Sounds like she should be seen. Maybe they can get you prescription diaper cream to help with her diaper rash. I hope she feels better.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Ok..take her in to be seen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• thanks ladies. i'm a mom of 3 but still learning everyday! ive never seen a rash like this on my other kids before. i feel so, so horrible for her. i know she is in a lot of pain when it's diaper change time :(
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• memigen, i said LIKE her skin is coming off. it's not LITERALLY coming off. thanks for your smart ass answer.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Oh and what was suggested to me when my son had bad diaper rash, get some liquid Mylanta and dab some on there. Let it dry and then diaper her. It helps with the acid.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's always better to be safe than sorry. Maybe the doctor can give you some insight into how to get her to eat a little better and possibly some heavy duty diaper rash treatment. I doubt all of this is caused by her teeth. Good luck, I hope your LO is feeling better soon!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If she has a rash so bad her skin is coming off then you shouldn't have to ASK what to do. Take her to the ER!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010