Why are most women insecure?

I know women have issues with insecurities as men do but why and is it worth it? You should be proud of you!

xavcay

Asked by xavcay at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• because most men and society make us feel that way.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yep! Behind every insecure woman is aa man who made her feel that way
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Society tells women they aren't worth anything without a man in their lives... Until that changes, the insecurity isn't going to either. I'm thankful to say I've never once felt a need to have a man in my life... Which is most likely why I see things so differently than most women do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Why let men make you feel that way?
    xavcay

Comment by xavcay (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I just wanted to add that men to have insecurities. They just don't voice it as much as women do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm insecure because I see what draws the attention of men and that makes me feel worthless because I'm not good enough to grab anyone's attention... therefore I am worthless to keep around. I I am not attractive then I am a disgrace to have by his side and only used for things that are good for him (busting a nut, personal maid, etc). My looks and self worth make me feel unloved, disgusting, ugly and like the only reason anyone DOES keep me around (family and "friends" included) is to better their lives through doing things that benefit them in some way.

I don't NEED a man in my life. I don't NEED family and "friends". But they are NICe to have and make you feel better.

But.... I will always feel the way I do. Unless of course something in my life changes and I am suddenly told every day how amazing and beutiful I am. Which I doubt to happen anytime soon.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 5:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well I am. In fact I am a mess here lately. But my husband calls me names and is always saying how wrong I am about everything. According to him I am many things that shouldn't be repeated here. Also he let me know that he likes looking at other women and imagining what they do in bed. I used be so independant and self assured when I was alone. I sure miss those days. I hate the fact that I've been blaming myself all this time for the words he says to me and thinking I am a bad wife. Apologizing to him when he treats me badly. Trying to me nice and thoughtful wife to wake up one day and realize all my depression always starts and ends with him and his terrible way he treats me. So yes I am insecure. I absolutely hate it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Some are like that because they choose to internalize things others say. They look to others for validation and acceptance and when that does not happen, they feel bad because their worth was tied up externally instead of internally.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I feel terrible for Memigen and the Anonymous poster. I think you both need to find someone to talk to, what a horrible way to live your lives; feeling like that and being treated like that. Memigen, there is more to a person than their looks. And, yes, people stay in a person's life because it benefits them, but it could be the person's personality and the fact that they enjoy their company, not necessarily that they do things for them. If you feel that way, I hope you speak up to your friends, because you shouldn't feel that way.

I'm insecure, but I really don't know why. My ex wasn't the nicest person, but he does not define me. It is hard to put those types of things out of your head though. My SO is wonderful, and for some unknown reason, I cannot wrap my head around why he loves me. He tells me, yet I can't always believe it. I wonder why?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i don't know why so many women are so insecure. i understand that issues with men/ in childhood/ etc or our looks can make us all insecure, but i choose to live my life how i want and if someone doesn't think i'm pretty, fuck them. i've created life... no one can make me feel bad about myself. i wish more women would be secure with who they are, then maybe i could have some girlfriends who don't hate on me all the time. lol
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010