medication dosage?

so i took my 9 month old son to the dr today because of a bad cough and they did a chest x-ray and the diagnosis was bronchitis.. so they gave me an antibiotic and a decongestant. the instructions on the decongestant say give 4 times daily. so does that mean every 6 hours (like wake him up in the middle of the night to give it to him?) or 4 times during the day. when he wakes up, before his morning nap, after his afternoon nap, and before he goes to bed?? i know i should have asked the dr. or the pharmacist but we had been at the dr so long we were just ready to leave. just wondering how other moms do it. this is the 1st time he has ever been sick. any advice would be great..

jaxonsmmy

Asked by jaxonsmmy at 8:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say 4 times during the day which is every 6 hours. Hope the little one gets to feeling better.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I wouldnt wake the baby up to give him the medication, but if the baby wakes up in the night for whatever reason, then give him the does. Otherwise just give the medication during the day every 4 hours.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• every six hours or first thing in morning around 7 or so then at lucnch time then around 5 or so then around 9 that way not in the middle of the night. Hope they feel better soon.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2008