Can someone answer my question about pregnancy, I am 32 weeks and when i wake up my inner thigh and the muscles going up from there feel like I have been beat or that I have been working out fir 2 weeks non stop! any suggestions lol

Asked by Pmuzyka25 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your baby is dropping. I had that too around the same time as you. It would take me FOREVER to get out of bed in the morning or in the middle of the night whenever i had to get up to pee every hour and a half. haha. But there really isnt anything to do. I had to sleep with a full body in between my legs but still EVERY time i got up i felt like i was lifting about 30 pounds with my SORE pretty much WEAK legs haha. But i know how you feel its all worth it i PROMISE :) haha

Answer by KBM99 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Ow. I remember that. It is your ligaments softening up to prepare you for delivery! It is just a natural thing and nothing you do can stop it. Just have the baby! LOL!

Answer by cacnotcam at 1:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Ugh, I remember that pain. Sounds like the horomone Relaxin has been released in your body and your hips are spreading and your baby is dropping. Soon it may feel like your pubic bone is breaking in half and you won't be able to stand up all the way straight. The best thing for this kind of pain is to stay limber. Try simple and low impact stretches and go walking. Of course clear this with your OB first but if they give you the go ahead walking will help with this. Warm baths do wonders too.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• This is a fantastic website on pubic pain during pregnancy:

Don't be put off by the fact that it's on a plus size pregnancy website if you're not plus size. It's a great article about pregnancy pubic pain for women of all sizes.

Answer by nell_brinkley at 10:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• its normal and what the other lady said the baby is dropping and your muscles are preparing for delivery

Answer by krazy_k1m at 2:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2008