Kinda Freaking Out....Question About Nuvaring BC!

I have been on Nuvaring 1 month and a week on Saturday...Everything was great the first 3 weeks, but when I took it out for the 4th week to have my period and I did not have one. I did not even have one symptom signaling that I would be having a period soon. Then I put a new nuvaring in at the end of the week, which was this last Saturday. Today I am having realllly bad cramping. So bad where I cannot even walk, without being bent over holding my stomach. Is this normal for someone just starting out on nuvaring or could I maybe be having a miscarriage or something.................HELP

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Health

• you should probably call your doctor and ask. It doesn't sound normal for any form of BC. Did you use a backup method for the first month?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If you were having a miscarriage you would be bleeding. You could have a tubal pregnancy and that's an emergency situation. Bad enough that if you have insurance and can't drive consider calling 911 and an ambulance. There are other things it could be like gall stones, kidney stones, appendix, really bad constipation (that would be the best thing), endometriosis, and other things. I'm not a doctor. I hope you are ok!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Take it out! Call the doctor. This is one of the side effects of nuvaring.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• you may not be a doc gailll. but you certainly think you know everything when in fact you aren't very intelligent or knowledgeable at all. why do you bother answering questions. it's like you're a dumb person who hears a smart word and then decides "oh i'm gonna use that word so people think i'm smart". not to mention you lie, troll, and give bullshit advice and try to make people fat and make ff moms feel like they torture their children
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010