Anyone planning on returning to work but worried about the increased work load you'll have?

I feel like I have enough to do just being a sahm but I need to finish my education and job training before time runs out. Not to mention the extra money would be nice. I just worry that I won't be as focused on motherhood as I am now. Not to mention I'll feel like I'm going 24/7.I get a lot of migraines which is probably why I feel pinched even more for time when I am feeling well. I'm worried about going back to work honestly. My heart just wants to be a sahm and run the household. I really have lost my motivation for a career...which I once had. I'm just happy where I am but I' m afraid I'll have regrets if I let my chance to complete what I started oh so long ago slip away. Anyone feel me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• I understand how you feel!! I would be terrified of going back! I am perfectly content with working from home with my son by my side :-)

I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independent. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, inventory and most importantly, no risk! It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

We have been helping moms achieve financial and personal goals since 1999 and we are the largest group of moms working from home on the internet!

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would love to talk to you and give you more
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I had the same feelings years ago. My kids are 18, 21 & 28 & I've been a sahm almost all of that time. There was a time in my mid 30's when I was worried about regrets....but I really loved being at home. I also knew that I really wouldn't have any help. I'd be doing all of the housework, cooking, shopping, kid things & adding work to the load.

Although I've done some things like freelance writing & teaching sewing lessons. I never actually went "back to work". I'm still home, & although I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, I love being home. I've never regretted my decision. I loved every minute with my boys, I enjoy taking care of my husband & family, I loved being able to be involved in the school & volunteer. I've had plenty of creative outlets & feel that we made the right decision for our family.

Now that my boys are pretty much grown, I have time for the things I put on hold, but I still love being home
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's very difficult to juggle it all...today I feel like I'm losing my mind with it all but you do it and it somehow works out in the end. Best of luck to you with whatever you plan to do!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes!!!!!!!!!! I start back in about 10 days. Yikes!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Personally, I think being a mom is the MOST important CAREER you can choose. :)

No matter what you choose, make sure you are doing what YOU want, and not what some "modern ideal woman" SHOULD do.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 7:24 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thank you all for your answers. They're all good and they confirm what I feel. I just don't want to be one of those who just don't want to work. I just feel like its too much to do it all and I have come to believe one person does need to run the home and family. Its a job all by itself. Maybe I'll just work on my education and do some volunteer work here and there to keep my skills up. At least with volunteer work I want have to report to a job every day. I can just do it when the time is good for me. THANKS everyone. I'm so grateful for cafemom, it makes me realize I'm actually normal to feel the way I do about so many things.
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I love my job. I am a teacher so I am home by 2.30 and off all days my son is off school. My husband and I parent and run this household as a team. If we did not yea I would be stressed. I also attend grad school!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2010