why do i feel depressed

so we had an incedent yesturday, to make it short theres an investigation going on that someone might of sexually abused my daughter. my heart is telling me i did the right thing for reporting it but i feel so lowsy and have anxiety. i feel like i did something wrong but i know i didnt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• I can't imagine being in that kind of situation....and you have every right to feel down about it. You did the right thing. Know that. It can't be an easy situation to be dealing with, so depression, I would think, would come naturally with that. Just keep reminding yourself that YOU made the right decision and are doing the right thing in looking out for the best interest of your daughter.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 8:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You might be feeling depressed and upset because you weren't able to protect your daughter. But you and I both know that you can't protect her from everything - not even the really bad things. You do your best, try to find only trustworthy people and safe situations for her - but you can't always tell that something is "off".
    I'm so sorry for both of you. Please consider getting counseling for YOU as well as for her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• How could you be anything but depressed? Your daughter could have been molested. You did the right thing by protecting your child and reporting possible abuse! This must be a very stressful time for you and for her. Let yourself take a break and try to rest. No one will ever blame a mother for putting her child first. If someone molested her, they may do it to another child also. You did the right thing!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You should feel depressed not saying that's a good thing but something serious just happen.
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 9:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2008