cervix position...please don't be mean adult content

I know this is going to sound stupid and I am ashamed to ask but here goes. Where is your cervix? I am trying to check cervical position for ovulation. When I look down there..in between the lips at the entrance is a kind of firm thing. If I reach in just a little I feel something hard with bumps. How far up is your cervix? How close if you are not ovulating? Please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It is way at the top of your vagina, it is a round thing that feels like the tip of your nose, with a opening in the middle.

Hopefully this illistration will help you locate it.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's going to take some trial and error to find out what normal cervical positions are going to be at different times in your cycle. It's not a 'one size fits all' kind of thing. Your cervix is the neck of the uterus. You won't be able to see it, as it's a few inches in. Just to give you a point of reference, it's what the doctor is scraping when you go for a pap smear. You're able to insert a tampon and have sex without your cervix getting in the way, so you're going to have to 'reach' for it- it's a good fingerlength in there.
    For help with this kind of thing, I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It gives really good information about understanding your body's fertility signs, including cervical position.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• not a dumb question it tought me a few things good luck!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 9:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It's way way up there. My fingers are short and my uterus is tipped back (retrograde) and I can't feel my cervix. When I was doing fertility awareness I took my temps and kept track of mucus that came out on the toilet paper when I wiped and it was good enough on when I did the charts that I could figure out when I was ovulating.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yup, way up there, I think you're feeling your clitoris or something... How far up is different in everybody. According to my doctor I have a very high cervix, and my uterus is tipped back too. She has to ask for the "longer, skinnier" speculum, heh. Honestly, my fingers are nowhere long enough for me to find it like that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Check this out too. The Beautiful Cervix

The best time to feel for your cervix is when you are sitting on the toilet. It makes it easier to reach. 

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think you are reading way to much into it. Seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010