Ezekiel 18: 20 say: The soul that is sinning it itself will die. This leaves no room for an afterlife, heaven, hell, etc. your dead! What do you think?

dgall

Asked by dgall at 5:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that God & Jesus & Heaven exist & I look forward to meeting all my loved ones there someday!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Ex 18:20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. 21But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

it's talking in a spiritual sense. you'll die in the spirit, but if you turn towards God and keep his commandments, you'll live. it's not talking physically.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Our spirit and our soul are 2 different things...Our soul is us as a person. Genesis 2:7, Psalm 104:29. James 2:26 shows that spirit gives life to our body with out spirit our body is dead. So it's our life force. Also see Ecclesiastes 12:7. When we die our soul goes back to the earth and our spirit goes back to our maker God/Jehovah. (job 34;14-15)

we all do sin due to imperfection thanks to Adam and Eve..Romans 5:12 We do have a promise of resurrection John 5:28-29 Acts 24:15 This would be why our spirit goes back to God's memory

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The soul will die means it will enter Hell, not that it will cease to exist.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 6:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• the soul will die the spirit will not. I think you are confusing the two.

The spirit will either live in Heaven or Hell forever ....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Get a better Bible and read the whole chapter, at least. Do not take scripture out of context. This verse does not say that there is no afterlife. The soul is mind, will, and emotions or human nature which is sinful and must and will die. The spirit lives on forever.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Your soul is not alive! So it can't be dead.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This is what makes the world go around. It's so wonderful to read every ones interpretation of heaven, hell, spirits and souls and what happens to them when and if. I love it. Oh yes, I believe.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 1:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• JuJubean1979

If the soul is not alive, then it must be dead.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ezekiel 18:21-24
    “But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live. Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for them he shall die.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2010