Sciatica?

I am having terrible, one sided buttock pain on the right. It came on suddenly, and feels kind of like a muscle cramp. Now, it hurts to bear down to even pee or walk unless I take tylenol ATC. I'm 23 weeks pregnant with twins. Has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking of calling the doc because this pain is getting intense!

mellibelli917

Asked by mellibelli917 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Health

• Unfortunately, it is normal in pregnancy. I am 35 weeks pregnant and also have it but Tylenol does nothing for it. I just deal with it because I don't want to take any thing stronger. I do wear a back and tummy support for pregnancy which helps me able to walk around a little bit at a time. The strongest medication that I know of that they give for pain is Vicodin/Hydrocodone which has Tylenol in it. Definitely do not take Ibuprofen or Naproxen as they are not safe during pregnancy.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 6:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 8:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Talk to your doctor! It could just be that the babies are putting pressure on a nerve, but it could be something else. Don't take any medication without your doctor's advice. Good ol' Tylenol is a liver toxin (More liver damage - in the US - is caused by Tylenol than alcohol). Yes! Tylenol doesn't really help anyway. I had sciatica at the end of my second pregnancy. I had put on a little too much weight, and not exercised as much as I needed. Now, if my weight goes up 10#s, it comes back. I know it hurts like crazy, which is so scary when you're pregnant, but keep calm and talk to a good doc. Good luck. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010