How do you feel about TV??

Do you think it's too censored or not censored enough? And how would you feel if there was no censorship??

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Entertainment

• That's a great question! There is a lot out there that I feel should be censored more. I don't watch a lot of t.v and with 3 kids, I really have to monitor what is on. We pretty much live on Disney and Nickelodeon! Even some of that is getting crazy.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• too censored...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i think certain channels and after a certain time, they should not be censored... I mean mostly it is just that people are worried about what your kids can see... and it is the parents job to monitor it.... and for us grown ups, I think we can handle more nudity and cursing lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 6:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think there are too many trashy shows out there that set very bad examples for everyone BAD GIRLS CLUB/ JERSEY SHORE/ I could go on and on. We need more positive healthy shows and movies.
    jaja202

Answer by jaja202 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't believe in censorship, but I believe it is the parent's job to monitor what their children are watching. If there is something that you don't want your kids watching, then block it. Don't most televisions come with that V-chip thing and parental controls? So use them.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think that it's probably just about right for most purposes. Even though I obviously don't censor my ds anymore and haven't for a long time, I think that the way networks like FX save their racier shows for 10pm and later is a smart move on their part.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I really don't see the point in censorship. Even when they do try to cover up curse words, you can still make out what they're saying. And even if your kid doesn't see it on TV, they're going to see it when they go outside and are exposed to the public. It's up to the parent to monitor what their kids are watching. Most cable and satellite companies give you the option to block certain channels, certain rated movies/shows.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010