How Do I tell him?

I just found out I am pregnant!! My suspicions (very familiar with my body's cycles), a dream, 2 tests positive, Dr. appointment next Monday. I have been seeing this someone for only 2 months. He was burned by his last real girlfriend who tried to trap him into a marriage by getting pregnant. He has a history that has slowly been unraveling before me filled with anger, resentment, self-pitty. He is on probation right now, living with his mother, working part time and odd jobs, and switches between talking about fleeing out of the country, and being responsible paying back child support for his 4 year old daughter who lives out of state. His family is sweet and seems much more stable then he has been, my family is hit and miss, were verbally and emotionally abusive to me and my brother. We had no intentions of getting pregnant. I'm dealing with pregnancy for the first time of 15 years of being sexually active! Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I was in this same exact boat as you, about 7 years ago. My boyfriend at the time freaked out, because he too already had a baby with someone that he couldn't afford. I gave him the option to sign paperwork to put the baby up for adoption. Once he found out it was a boy he couldn't do it. We decided to work things out and got married when our son was 9 months old and we are still together. He gave his older daugher up for adoption because he never got to see her and BM had gotten re-married.
    As far as "how" you tell him, I just blurted it out. He refused to believe me until I showed him my positive blood test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I wish I could give advice on how to tell him. I just wanted to respond with some well wishes and hugs! I hope everything works out for you and in the midst of everything I hope you can enjoy your little blessing!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Tell him straight out. The longer you wait the worse it will be. If he truly cares for you and trust you he'll know that you didn't do this o purpose.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• be honest with him
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 5:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010