Do you do any kind of crafts with your kids?

if so, what are a few of them?

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I make stuffed teether toys, some for myson, and others to sell with my other items at craft fairs. My son loves to help stuff the toys. Even though he is only 13 months, he watches me take the stuffing from the bag and put it in the toy a few times and then starts bringing me handfuls himself :)
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Not so much, now that they are teens. When they were little they loved to decorate cookies, and make funny animals from styrofoam. After play dates, they both loved making little mini scrapbooks with pix and stickers, to give to the friend that visited. I still knit and sew with my daughter sometimes.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• For christmas trace their feet on brown construction paper and hands on tan. Cut them out. The foot is the reindeer face, hands are antlers. Then get googly eyes and cotton ball(red) for the nose. Thats my favorite.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• what don't we do! I home school so we do all kinds of arts & crafts! we have done fire engines out of egg cartons, made trains out of different size boxes, done body tracing, paper mache, etc. TONS of stuff! PM me if you want my curriculum list.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• we used to do gimp, not anymore, though
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We have not done anything lately because we are too busy reading and doing homework. but last year around this time we collected leaves when we went on our nature walk in the park...from the floor....diff. kind...put them in a pic album and wrote down what kind it was etc....I googled that info...lol
    but he had fun and still looks at the book now...it helped him learn more about the trees, what they were called and that are so many diff. ones ...i found that he remembered easier this way then just letting him look at pics of the trees and memorize the names of them.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2010