My daughter is almost 4 months old how much tummy time should she be doing a day?

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As much as she wants! I don't think there is a limit to tummy time. My daughter is four months and she rolls onto her tummy constantly. She loves pushing herself up and looking around, as well as scooting herself wherever she wants to go. Tummy time is good...it helps them build the skills they need for crawling and walking!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 8:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son is almost 5 months and hates being on his tummy. He'll only ever let me put him on it for about a minute at a time. So...he doesn't get much tummy time. He rolls to his sides from his back, but hasn't gone all the way over. I think it just depends on the baby. Some of them just refuse tummy time.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My doc said 10 min at least 3x a day. That would be perfect if she likes being on her tummy. My DD didn't (AT ALL) She would just roll back over or cry and cry until I moved her. They like them to get lots of tummy time for neck and back muscles. My DD would sit supported at 4 months, so we let her do that to build neck muscles.
    ashley111

Answer by ashley111 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I read a tip once to put the baby on thier tummy every time you change a diaper. It's a good reminder for the mom to do it. As the baby gets older they will like being on thier tummy more and more. Just do as much as she will do.

Tummy time is SO important, so just make sure she's getting it. It affects all sorts of development, even speech!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2008