Has anyone else ever felt that after 3 and a half years of being with the same person that it might feel right to call it quits because youre not sure if you love them anymore or if you ever did? please help.

amy0808

Asked by amy0808 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• well all relationships go through ups and downs. passionate love is not constant, but in my experience it comes and goes over time. i've been married for 11yrs and dated for 5 yrs before then, so we've been together for 16 yrs. even when passionate love wanes, he's still the one i turn to process issues or unwind after a long day etc... you are the only expert in your relationship. is it that you don't love the person anymore or is it that your relationship has settled into a new routine?
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• OH Girl. This is how I think my husband feels about me now. I've been married ten years and we have months of a lovefest and then not so much. Think about life without him, if this makes you smile, then call it quits, the sooner the better.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Are you married? Well regardess, here's what I don't get. Why do women find a man good enough to move in with , have children with then just decide if they aren't sure if they love them or ever did? Not trying to be mean here, but if he's not beating you , you don't just give up on someone because you aren't sure if you love them? I'm sorry, I don't get it, so I apologize in advance.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I felt that way about my STBX because he seemed to be a completely different person than who I had met and married. He was verbally and emotionally abusive to us, mostly our son. I couldn't deal with him doing that to him anymore.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010