How to deal with sexual predators? adult content

What do you feel is the appropriate way to deal with someone or a situation that involves sexual abuse of a child or children? Have you ever gotten involved with rescuing a victim?

I have had suspicions of a friend's parent in-laws. I am not certain I can help, which I feel hopeless about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I suspected a child was being abused I would report it just to be safe. Thank God, it has never happened to anyone I know.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 5:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If you have suspicions of the abuse of a child, they should be reported to your local child protective services. Good luck. For the child's sake, I hope you are wrong, but if you are right you will have stopped anything further from happening or at least tried.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 5:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• If you strongly suspect a child is being abused, please report it. You can remain anonymous and it's better to be on the safe side.
    As far as how you deal with the sickos who predate on little children... the only thing that comes to mind is shooting them in the head. I don't believe that rehabilitation is possible for people like that.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• im friends with a lady whos a teacher of little kids i mean like no older then 7 and almost every she finds out that three or more kids are being sexual or others and they call the cops if u think something is going on help that kid dont just sit on it because thats just f***ed up to me if i knew someone was doing that to a kid i knew i would call asap not wait or just try the other way........they say 1 in 4 girls will be abuse b4 18 and 1 and 6 boys will be b4 18 WE NEED TO STOP THIS NOW THATS WRONG IN EVERYWAY NOTHING IS OK ABOUT IT SO CALL FOR HELP TODAY
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 5:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• A shot gun! Yes I did actually help out my little neighbor. She ran out to me one day (several years ago) and she was crying saying Luke (her brother) was hurting her on her pee pee. He came out in his boxers trying to get her back in and I hide her behind me to ask what the deal was (he as my age) He tried to grab her and I kick the shit out of him. Brought her inside called police. I never did get charged for battery but I found out he had been molesting his 4 yr old sister and 6 yr old brother for the past year. He was locked up in juvenile hall and the family moved in a matter of weeks after that. The mom never even thanked me, she believed he didn't touched her and said I ruined her family.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Parents who don't act are the worst culprits!!! I had a girlfriend who's mom's longterm live-in boyfriend was eliciting sexual favors from her daughter (my friend) and a son for years, to allow privileges like going to the movies. Her mother didn't believe her even when I told her he had propositioned me, and had been doing this to her kids. Now her little brother was married having a second child and is so unstable, violent and damaged he has been asked to leave his new family. It doesn't end at the predators death
    freyjawire

Answer by freyjawire at 6:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Children who mean so little to their families pride usually can suffer worse or death when being caught is a possibility. There was a fireman chief who was apprehended recently who was molesting nearly all the kids for generations. No one told out of fear of death threat of another family member or themselves. May that family now begin to heal.
    freyjawire

Answer by freyjawire at 6:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• report it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• reported it. thank you for your support!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• statistically in the United States of America, an estimated 1 in 3 girls will be sexually abused during childhood, and 1 in 6 boys, great episode on OPRAH about men who are for the first time going public thank s to her and Tyler Perry. be aware you think it's not happening around you you must live in a senior home, which has it's own statistics from sources like you registered sex offenders and sexual abuse division of your police force. Get educated rather than live in deliberate happy bubble of ignorance, this is an area in which complacency kills.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 AM on Nov. 18, 2010