Does your living room furniture match?

We just bought a new sofa which is a darkish green, and a light brown recliner. We had picked the matching sofa to the recliner but it wouldn't fit in our door! So we had to go back and pick out another one. And we won a cocktail ottoman worth $350. It was all delivered today and even though it doesn't match it looks nice.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 5:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Nope.But everything looks nice.I used to think I needed matching everythuing.But that became really boring.Now...I can pretty much buy what I like and it always looks good.I'm really into rattan & wicker.Always have been.Always will be.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• many of the designers on HGTV are against "matchy matchy". mine only match because i bought them for next to nothing from a friend and i desparately needed furniture
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• well its all leather black sofa & recliner & creme recliner as well yours sounds nice you don't have to match
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• as long as you have other things in room to tie it all to gether dont worry... none of my tables are a match lol
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes. We have a couch, love seat, chair and ottoman in a reddish brown leather.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• congrats on winning the ottoman! Our furniture compliments each other. couches are olive green, ottoman is a dark tan. we do not have end tables.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's great to win something. I thing the best thing I won was a cedar point ticket when I was younger. I have a brown sectional w/ one end table. Sectional takes up a lot of space. Before that I had a blue hide a bed couch w/ matching chair and ottoman we bought from the hotel I worked at because they bought all new for the rooms. Now my bro has them.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 8:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• How awesome to win the ottoman! Right now nothing matches but the look will be pulled together next week. I'll have some matching furniture then and be able to set up my living room the way I want it. I dont think everything has to be matchy matchy in order for it to work. It's good to throw in a bit of fun and contrast.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Nothing "matches" but they all work together. Except for the couch and rocker, credenza and TV, everything is antique, so it's the overall look we are going for. I personally have never liked rooms that are too "matchy-matchy".
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 30, 2010