have you ever looked on a site that shows you sex offenders and criminals in your area?

after looking did you feel like moving?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 5:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Travel

• Yes and yes!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes and no. Most were guys my age that when they were 19 were dating 16 yr old girls and had been for a couple years. The parents finally had a way to get them away from their DD even though the DD's wanted the guys.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• At first glance I did, however the one I used i think it is called watchdog.com have different colored dots for different types of offenses. Not everyone on there is a child predator, after reviewing the chart more in depth, I feel very comfortable where I am.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes, and we are!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes and no...I check the area offenders before moving and we stay close to schools to try and avoid them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes :) They even have a link from a page for my town..makes it easier for me when browsing.

No :) My FIL is a police offcicer and has been for over 20 yrs. So, I know I am ok and he knows basically everyone around. And, we live out in the boonies.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I check it from time to time, but we've never considered moving. The truth is that it would be very difficult to find a place to live where there were none, and even if you did, there could be some living there by the time you got moved in. I just like to know where they are.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes and yes, before I moved in.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 11:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes I actually did this recently and found out that we have a couple living down the street from us, so I printed their picture and posted them at our little local store so that everyone could know. The reason I did this is because these people had quite a few charges involving young children and we have alot of kids that like to walk and play outside. I think that those sites are a great thing for our communities to have, they are very helpful.!
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 11:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes. No.. I purposely moved here b/c there was no sex offenders around here. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010