Have you ever walked out on your job because your just done with it and couldnt take it anymore?

be honest with this.

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 5:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, it would take a LOT for me to just walk out on a Job. If I was miserable then I would give 2 weeks notice. I was raised with strong work ethics. If I was being harrassed BAD by the boss or in physical danger, then that is different. Just walking out because you are pissed off is very inconvient and unfair to your co-workers
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yes, I have! but it was never a good job! I walked out on Walmart and some others...lol i cant remember! I was just working for spending cash. I find that if I dont need the job, I have a lower tolerance for bs....hahaha... :D
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Nope, I know what my responsibilites are.

Ok, I did when I was 17. I finished my shift and only came back the next day to say I quit, LOL. But I had no responsibilites back then, it was just to earn some extra cash and my parents didn't even want me doing it. It's an entirely different story now that I have a family and bills to pay.

DH on the other hand...*sigh* I love that man, but I swear...
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• LuvMyMedic3ID - thank you for your honesty.
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, I have... when I was young and incredibly immature.
    I would never do that now. My family needs to eat and I keep the big picture in mind. Granted, I'm going back to school so I won't be an admin assistant forever, so I'm sure that helps me have a more positive outlook and more tolerance.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, when I took a job telemarketing. I hated it the first day, but my (then)SO had just gotten laid off, we had no savings and rent was due in a few weeks...

I lasted 3 hours into the second day, and after over 100 *consecutive* calls where I was told to "F*** myself" or some variation of.. I walked into the supervisor's office in tears and said I was done!

I made more money waiting tables part time at Sizzler (BTW - if you get the salad bar, tip your waitress still! She still has to run for your plates, your drink refills, extra napkins, tell the cold side they're out of the dressing you want, etc.) than I would have doing telemarketing full time.

UGH UGH UGH
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yes, I have. Only when I feel I have been personally wronged, and I dont need the job.

I was given 2 week suspension for cold mac n cheese. Seriously. On a day we had 4 managers and a food runner - because it was cold, I had the kitchen re-make it, and when it was done, I ran it back out (my managers were no where to be found). I told my manager (when he wouldn't even budge on the suspension) where he could shove it.

Another job, working in a sports bar. It was my 4th night, first on the floor by myself, and there were only 2 of us. I had $150 in walkouts (it was 2 tabs) and apparently because they didn't sign their CC, it came out of my pocket. I never went back.

Last, but not least, I worked front desk in a hotel. I was promised/given the M-F 7-3 shift. Until the GM hired her daughter in, and gaver her my shifts. I was reduced to 3-4 days/week, mostly 2nd shifts or "turn arounds"
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I quit my first job on Halloween. They were working me horrible long hours, having me come in on my days off, terrible pay etc. I was miserable because I never saw my son who was a year old. So instead of missing Halloween night with him I just quit. Never regretted it because I found a nice 9-5 m-f office job for double the pay after that. That was 12 years ago - I haven't pulled anything like that since.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• (work 3-11p and then be back at 7am the next day)
    Then, I was reduced to 1 shift a week. Of course, it would be the ONE day that my nephew attempted suicide. I called in with 3 hours to spare (they didnt know if he would make it). I called up to get my schedule a couple of days later and was informed by a co-worker that I didn't HAVE any shifts.

I didnt quit that one, but had I been given the chance, I would've given that woman a piece of my mind.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• yep with two of them...the first one was with cingular, and they kept hiring more and more people when i was asking for more hours....they didn't need to hire anyone else...and my boss made me so mad one day, she had me stay an hour later to "talk to me about all the time i'd been taking off", when i hadn't, i had just switched hours with someone else to fit our schedule for two days. so i sent her a text saying i quit.

the other was a telemarketing job..i couldn't handle being yelled at all day every day over the phone.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 6:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010