How did you tell your boss?

I just found out that I'm pregnant and now the big question is...how and when I should tell my boss. I only worked here for about 3 months...and just became permanent.

The most uncomfortable part is that I work with all men. It is a small and a growing company so there is no human resource department either.

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I won't tell them. It's not their business to know right away. They'll get the hint when y belly starts getting bigger.
    When I was working and got pregnant with my daughter I told them after 12 weeks, hey don't know ow far along I was. A few days later they fired me saying since I won't be long term anymore they don't want me anymore.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I work at a small company, too. I just flat out told my direct supervisor that I was expecting, that I was planning on only taking 6 weeks of maternity leave, and that I would be willing to train a temp. He was very understanding and happy for me. I ended up coming back to work at 5 weeks, and everything went smoothly.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wait until after the 1st trimester. Since its a small company, they may not have to adhere to the family medical leave act. Good luck & congrats on the pregnancy!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• They really dont need to know until about the 2nd trimester unless your job is stressful on your body. I told my boss when I felt it was neccesary for them to know.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i worked with all women and my boss was very understanding. i walked in shut the door and told her i had something to tell her. it was easier then telling my family. i was scared out of my mind so i needed all the support i could get. i waited a long time to tell my clients. alot of them thought i was just gaining weight(i worked for a weightloss company) they didn;t want to ask. so finally i told them or they figured it out from the other consultants. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'd wait. No rush.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2010