what do you think about people who have known each other a month and have gotten married?

To be honest i met my husband on the internet and he was on military leave and came all the way from california to colorado for a 10 day leave and we fell in love and got married and we hare so happy.I knew him for only a month and had seen and been with him in person for only 8 days untill he went back to cali.

Share your thoughts and stories id love to hear, even feel free to comment on my experience.

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 5:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• To each their own. I hope you both have a wonderful and happy marriage.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think that's an awesome story! I only knew my Hubby 2 weeks and knew I was in Love, the same for him... We met, fell in love, he moved in with me and then 8 months later we were married... It was the best decision I ever made, and would do it all over again!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE for a relationship like that to work out, but it's not something I would ever do. Love takes longer than 8 days to develop... Lust is immediate, even infatuation can happen that quickly, but love usually takes longer. You don't really get to KNOW somebody unless you spend time with them in person...

But like I said, I'm sure it's possible for things to work out. Are you actually together now, and how long have you been married?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My husband and I knew each other a little longer when we got engaged, but not as long as most people. We met online beginning of December met once before Christmas Date 2 was new years we were engaged beginning of March married by September. And I wouldn't change anything. We were inseparable from the moment we met. And I love him and love being his wife.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think it;s crazy but you never know it might work out. My grandparents only knew each other less then 2 months when they married and they stayed happily married till he died after 39 years of marriage
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wish them well..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• we didn't get married that soon, but we got ingaged. Actually he asked me to marry him after 2 months. I said yes, we were going to get married that next year, but we didn't have the money so we ended up waiting 3 years to get married. We are about to celibrate our 7 year aniversary in 2 more weeks
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My grandparents met in September , were engaged in October and married in November. They were happily married for 49 years until my Grandpa died.

Sometimes it is a disaster and sometimes it is wonderful and fruitful, just like any other marriage.

Hope yours is a long beautifully blessed one ♥
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Anouck - I am happy to say yes we are married still and expecting a baby possibly we have been married for 5 months and it is the best decision i have ever made. The reason why i knew was because when he left colorado to go back to california to the marines as he was leaving we both burst out in tears and held each other and cryed. I just knew that from that moment getting married to him was a great decision. I must say i love being a military wife also.
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• sometimes you just know!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010