Would you let your teen get a tattoo or piercing?

That is a big fat NO for me.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• No, but when she's a responsible adult, who am I to say? She has asked to get another hole in her ears and said she could...she and her best friend both want to. I have begun stressing that tattoos don't look pretty forever, and have let her know how much pain is involved in both getting one and removing one...and we've seen the "tramp stamp" as it's called around here I learned this summer, on the beach and showing above the low cut jeans at the mall. Even saw a young guy with a complete paragraph tattooed all over his body...across his chest, back, and down his arm....tell me this guy won't regret it!! As for piercings I just say, once you get a piercing any where visible besides the ears, it will become harder for you to be taken seriously...whether that's right or wrong or fair no matter that's the way it is. There are so many other ways to decorate yourself without tattoos and piercings.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Tattoo, no.
    Piercing depending where.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I think that it's a major decision to alter your appearance and it shouldn't be taken lightly. We have a 14 yr old son and he wants to cover himself in tattoos, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let him... He will have the chance to do it in 4 yrs on his own... I think it's something that he needs to be sure about.
    As for piercings, my Hubby has a tongue piercing and I myself don't like the looks of it... He knows that and doesn't care, and I don't care if he keeps it or not, but as for our boys, they will have to wait.. I don't have any, tats, or piercings, and when I was a teen I wanted it all, and was made to wait, and I'm so thankful my parents did... I wouldn't have one now if someone paid me too...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• hell no!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Piercing...maybe...if it was tasteful. Tattoo...they have to be old enough at least 18 and think about it for a LOOOONNNGGG time. So as not to make a mistake they cant take back...

I have a tattoo and have had a piercing or two in my day..lol.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Piercing - no problem.
    Tattoo - no way.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• piercing I would ( I got my belly button done at 13 and my tounge at 17)
    Tattoo.... hell no
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• NOPE
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yeah! I'm w/ you on that one! I wish more parents would step up & make their kids wait. Piercings can close up, but tats are 4ever! The piercings are just a fad, and looked down upon by potential employers. If 100 people are applying for a job, will they take the clean cut kid or the one who could be used as a strainer?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Anything beyond piercing the ears that takes an adult signature - NOPE!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2010