Does anyone else think its selfish to NOT be an organ donor?

I dont see why anyone would say no.
SELFISH is the only reason. How could you be against someone else's life being saved..

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Health

• YES when they die the organs will just go to waste. My husband is refusing to donate and it pisses me off. I'm still trying to change his mind.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree... I'm not going to need my organs after I'm dead, so why let them go to waste if I could possibly save somebody else's life?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• assuming you are selfish is jumping to conclusions. i'd just be curious as to why.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 6:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Its a very personal choice. The thought of having our bodies "harvested" for spare parts can be quite disturbing for some. I have chosen to be an organ donor, but do not judge others who chose not to. It's not for us to judge.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm not going to be using my body once I die, so they can have what they want.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm not a donor... I want all parts of me in tact. It's not selfish it's a fact.I have that choice and i choose not to donate.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't know if it makes me mad, but I do have to say how can you say you don't want your body cut open when you are dead anyway. My DH isn't an organ doner he says that he wants his organs with him when he dies. I am an organ donor and have been since I was 15. I would be very happy to know that I saved someones life one day
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I agree..............
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 6:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have heard that if they see you are a donor, they do not try as hard to save u....is this true, I dont know. But Im not willing to take the chance...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Honestly, I'd have a serious issue with my SO if he wasn't a donor too. I just plain don't understand the reasoning behind "I want to keep my organs with me". You're DEAD! You're NOT going to need those organs for anything ever again! If you get buried, they'll get eaten by insects or just rot away. If you get cremated, they get destroyed anyway. How are either of those options more appealing than saving somebody's life?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2010