how much? adult content

When your water broke, how much aminiotic fluid was there? I am not sure if my water broke or if i peed in my pants.... could really use some advice!

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 6:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did that...If you cant stop it...then it is amniotic fluid...you can stop your pee stream.

I thought I had peed in my pants until I realized I had NO control over when it came out...lol.

mine started off very slowly and increased over time...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• if u r standing up the head usually blocks it from coming out too much, but if u are laying down, watch out...its like a tidal wave...you have to smell it, if it is sour smeeling it is urine, if it has a sweet smell it was amniotic fluid....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• With me, it was quite a lot. At first I thought I peed my pants, so I went to the bathroom, sat down, and figured out I couldn't make it stop... After those first initial gushes, it pretty much went down to a trickle.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I never had mine break naturally, but when they did it in the hospital it was like a big gush both times I had my boys. hope that helps.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Have no idea. I didn't ask.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• How far along are you? If you are past 20wks I would go into L&D and have it checked.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am 38 weeks
    ErinT

Comment by ErinT (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I wore one of my DD's diapers to the hospital when my water broke.... it was that bad, LOL It gushed out.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I was told to first try giving a bit of a wiff of the fluid. No way can you mistake the smell of urine. Than to place a pad on and check it frequently for more fluid or blood. I had an accident recently and all it was, was the baby kicked my bladder super hard,
    SunshineSandie

Answer by SunshineSandie at 10:39 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• unfortunalty I am pretty sure my water didn't break! Oh well this baby will be here when he/she is ready I suppose! Thanks for your advice!
    ErinT

Comment by ErinT (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010