Scared... help please

I got a restraining order on my daughters father when I was pregnant. He was abusive, controlling and possesive. I am worried about when the restraining order ends. I plan to try and redo it - so we have another year where he cant contact us - but he has not violated it at all. My question is whether or not, because he has not broken the restraining order, will they let him see her ? I am so scared of this. I do not want him to ever even see her, let alone if they let him have visitation or something. Or because he has had this, will they know not to let him have any kind of visitation ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• If you succeeded in receiving the order of protection, then chances are the judge agreed that this man is a danger to both you and your daughter. Whether or not he has broken it, he is still a viable threat to you guys. Just follow what you need to follow and get it extended. I'm not sure where you live, but here in my state, you have to petition the court 30 days before it expires. Good luck to you. I know the fight you are up against. I'm in this battle myself.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• That is entirely up to the courts. Who may order a psychiatric evaluation before they ever allow him visitation. He has to take you to court to get visitation and you have the high ground i this case. Just DONT let him get away with violating the order of restraint without calling the police on him. Also before the order expired file the continuance before it expires so the judge knows you are serious. After it expires you have to get a new one and there has to be evidence to get it.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i did the same thing to my ex bf when i had our dd and i went back everytime to make sure it stayed if u feel that he will harm ur child u let them know and be firm about it they will keep it on him or they will have supervised visitation with the child
    IHAVE6

Answer by IHAVE6 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008