Posted it in a group got no help!

My fiance and I are going to go to Vegas in March to get married. My parents and lil sis are coming and so are his parents and siblings. I've also invited my best friend of 8 years. BUT she wants to bring her boyfriend. I've never met him (she's going to college in Texas and met him there) and from what she tells me about him I dont think I like him! (I've never heard her say a good thing about their relationship...) He treats her like crap!
SO my dilema is, I dont want her to bring him. I want it to be a fun vacation for us! And I dont think that can happen with him there

What should I do? Am I right in not wanting him to come? Or should I let her bring him?

MelaniesMama

Asked by MelaniesMama at 9:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• just remember, it is your wedding! You should have fun and not have to worry about anything else. If you think this guy will ruin it... then tell him he can't come. Explain to her that you want it to just be a select few at the wedding and no body else. This way it doesn't hurt her feelings. Good luck and have fun in vegas!

Coastiegirl96

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• im sure if u just tell her she would understand i mean she is your best friend! :0)
    melissa089

Answer by melissa089 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Tell her you are trying to keep it private with the only guests being people you are particularly close to. Just be prepared that she may decide not to come without him.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Hmm..... I understand it's your wedding... like someone else said, be prepared she may not come without him. Because, doubt she'll want to hang out with your family/inlaws and hopefully you'll be enjoying spending time with your hubby alone since it's your honeymoon... she supposed to just fly/drive back home after the ceremony? Maybe request that he not be at the wedding because most men don't like them anyways, and you'd feel more comfortable with it being people you know there. I wouldn't go alone because what vacation is fun when you're seeing the sights alone?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You know how women get about their men.best friend or not that may upset her.if she's funding her trip then its really not up to u if she brings him or not.how would u feel if she told u that about your soon to be hubby.u r goin to be completely wraped up in being the new mrs.so & so.if the few days after ur wedding are anything like mine were u won't even see ur friend or her less than loveable man...goodluck!
    aldmom0408

Answer by aldmom0408 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Its your day.. Enjoy it! If she brings him ol well. You enjoy you and your fiancee'. God Bless.
    Anonymous

• It's your wedding so it's your guestlist of ppl you know and love and want around you to celebrate your special day. No, she can't bring him. (that sounds so easy when it's not my friend! lol)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• well, my sister has a boyfriend that treats her like crap but she won't break up with him no matter how many family and friends tell her that he's terrible. when it comes to her going places, she actually has to ask his permission to go somewhere or do something that doesn't pertain to work, he even went as far as unplug the sparkplugs to her car so she couldn't go anywhere (she knows nothing about cars, so she was stuck), he answers her phone calls, basically screening who she's calling and who is calling her, and i can never talk to her on the phone without him right there next to the phone.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• sad part is that she doesn't see what he's doing, no matter how hard we try to make her see. so if i invite her to come visit us (which i mainly do so she can get away from him) she always asks if he can come, even though she knows the answer is a flat out NO. so she doesn't come. she always makes some lame excuse as to why she doesn't come, but we all know the truth.
    armywife43

• just tell her the truth. that you don't like him based on what she tells you about him, and he's not allowed to come, it's YOUR day/vacation. or you can say until you meet him, you don't know him, so you don't want him there.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2008