How do you make yourself like cooking?

I hate to cook, so I mostly just do quick stuff, but i'm getting tired of the same old stuff! I've got a few quick meal cookbooks, but they always require things i don't usually keep at home, and i'm trying not to spend money. does anyone have any ideas? thanks!

lilydoyle

Asked by lilydoyle at 7:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I I hate to cook too, and I have NO idea how to make myself like it, so I just found a chef to date, heh. We've been together for almost 5 years now, and I NEVER have to cook!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• hmmm good question.... i love to cook, do you live with a SO/husband? Maybe they could help out or you could take a cooking class together.... or get a crock pot and just throw in the ingredients and let it simmer for a few hours.... you can make home homemade chili and stuff very easily...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I love to cook... I was raised with 10 boys i am the only girl and my mom and i loved to cook.. So i have to say try it you never know you just may love creating dishes as i do..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i love cooking. i believe that there is a cooking gene that people either have or they don't. i was never taught how to cook. i just watched my parents for the basics, knowing what goes well together was just instinct. i was cooking meals by age 12, self trained. i find it relaxing and fun
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• EATING! That's what makes me love cooking, because i love to eat my creations. It's fun! To me, it's all a big experiment. I also love it when people OOOO AH over my food. It feels good!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• LOL @ samurai_chica i love to eat too lol..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• When I cook, i always mess around, and it comes out okay, but i just hate to do it! i didn't used to, but my ex hub & ex MIL made mealtimes HELL for me, & i haven't been able to get over it. but dh's gone most of the week, so it's just me & my 1 yo at nite. I've got my middle 2 during the day, & we always seem to have hot dogs, mac n cheese, or nuggets (their choice) if we're out, it's pb&j packed before we leave. but dinner's just thrown together, misc stuff. i'm finally getting tired of eating out, not that i do a lot, but still. i can barely eat subway! good thing, i know, but i need help changing my frame of mind, y'all!
    lilydoyle

Comment by lilydoyle (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I love to eat and cook even more so- Just experiment with ingredients and be creative. I do not bake though because I hate to follow recipes, BORING!

My husband does NOT cook a thing and my kids are both pretty creative cooks-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I love to cook. My dad taught me how. My dh can just throw things together and it works out perfectly. I like recipe books and we both like the food network competitions... we are always changing it up! my favorite website with easy recipes is campbell's kitchen recipes.... =] GL!!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I cant stand cooking either! I would love to cook super healthy yummy foods but wow.. difficult! On occasion I will try a new recipe but we have never found anything that was yummy enough to add to the usual quick crap i make..

Oh I also HATE the huge messes I seem to make when cooking! 1hr to cook. 1 hr to clean... and eat it in less than 15minutes.. UGH ...
    Wish I enjoyed cooking!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2010