DO YOU OR HAVE YOU EVER USED AN ELECTRIC BLANKET?

I have never used one, and don't particularly want to. Probably keep you nice and cozy in the cold winters though. I use body heat then.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't have one now, but I did a few years ago. Loved it. I like a warm bed, but a cold room all year long.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I use one and love it. My house is old and in the Minnesota winter, we need it.
    pout98

Answer by pout98 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I don't right now but I have in the past they are warm it's just nice and toasty in our new home though so we don't need it
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I love them, but it's been a few years since I had one that worked...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• The last time I used one was when I lived in Italy and did not have central heating and no gas because the other residents did not want to fill the tank when it was their turn. Those houses get cold!! I still have it and thought about breaking it out last winter.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It was a necessity when I lived in my little apartment in Missouri.  It would get so cold at night and the furnace switched off so if I had forgotten to turn the heat up and warm up the place it would just be freezing inside.  I always slept with the electric blanket in the winter. 

I remember one winter it was so cold I was sleeping on my heating pad (like I normally do for my bad back), dressed in warm sweats, with my comfortor, then electric blanket (turned on) and another blanket on top.  I was still shivering.  You could see my breath inside.  I think that was the last time I forgot to turn the heat on during the day (I didn't leave it on because it was just 1 small room and would get really stuffy otherwise).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We live in CA and we don't need it, but we have one for our winter skiing trips!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 7:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I used to have an electric mattress pad which was amazing! But dont have it any more... I now have the warmest down comforter ever and it is sooo warm and cozy! Love wrapping myself in it!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Another good thing is an electric mattress pad cover. Love both of them.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have and was nice and toasty!!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2010