Hip pains really really bad with crunching sounds...

Okay, I'm 4 months pregnant, this happened with my last baby and didn't really think much about it, it was my first baby, new mother, baby pains, the whole shabang. Okay, when I lay on my back for any amount of time, when I try to move a leg or sit up I seriously could start screaming in pain. The other day I had to move no matter what because my son was trying to carry a glass cup he got and I didn't want him to break it so I sat up really fast and heard a crunching feeling in my hips and bent over crying. Its really hard to explain it, it almost feels like a REALLY bad charlie horse in your hips and tops of legs but then the crunching noise worries me... What could this be?

stasia4

Asked by stasia4 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have hip pains but i think you should call your dr you might have a problem they need to know about
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Hmmm...I have some hip pain also but nothing like this, I would talk to your doctor. If your OB doesnt have an answer, then try your regular doctor. Sounds like you have something wrong that needs to be addressed. Good Luck and I hope you figure out what is going on.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I have the same problem. I'm not sure what it is because I've never gone in for it. I have gone in for my back though...and my back is just completely jacked up. Being pregnant could be putting uneven pressure on your hips and making them move out of place a little. (does that make sense?) That's the only way that I can describe it. Because I usually have to pop (crack my hip like I would my knuckles.). I def hear it a lot when I'm excercising on the ground, like flutter kicks or situps. I hope this helps. If you do find out what it is, let me know! :) Maybe I'll go get checked for it too! :) Good luck!
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Are you small sized? I am and had horrible hip pain with my two pregnancies. I had twins 8 months ago and got pregnant with them when DS was 3 months old. I too, would not be able to move, have my legs collapse under me and have to resort to crawling until the pain eased up. They say pregnancy causes hormones to relax ligaments. Maybe hips get looser to allow baby to come out and as a result the hips don't provide the support they normally do and cause pain? I just remember being miserable with it. No morning sickness, no stretch marks, but my hips still sometimes bother me.
    mommyonhawaii

Answer by mommyonhawaii at 10:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• lucky you to not have stretch marks! What did you use during pregnancy? I'm planning on having another one...but don't want anymore stretchmarks! Lol! What was your secret? :)
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• i have HORRIBILE hip pain, just started in my 8th month!! my left hip. I can't walk, i hobble!!!! its terrible!!! My hubby has to help me from time to time...i'm going today to my OB and hopefully he'll have some solution or somthing to tell me....lol!~ I know how ya feel girl....its just achy and it SUCKS!!! I can barely shave my legs in the shower....=( Hopefully it goes away after baby is here!!
    Maidenmomma1

Answer by Maidenmomma1 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 9, 2009