7 1/2 month old sick??

my daughter is sick. she has got a cold. Running nose, coughing. I took her temp. and it read 99.3. My sister in law told me to give tylonel, and check it in 4 hours. its only been two. Well, i put her to bed. and its like she cant get comfortable. Is there anything i can do for her?

tylersbaby85

Asked by tylersbaby85 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a lukewarm bath will help with the fever...when she lays down her nose could get congested, put a pillow UNDER her mattress to elevate it, so propped up and it's easier for her to breath.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• If you have a humidifier, I'd try that too. And maybe a cool cloth on her head every so often.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• vapor bath soap by johnson and sjohnson help my son when hes congested (it works for me too lol) try that before you lay them down... if that doesnt help you can put vicks vapor rub on her feet then put socks on her... or put footed pjs on that will help too...
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My favorite cold remedy :

As the previous poster said , Prop up the mattress.

Start up a humidifier in the bedroom(if you have one)

Steam up the bathroom and sit in there for a bit. That will help loosen up the mucous , then suck it out with a bulb thingy. Just be sure to have a warm towel or blanket ready to keep the baby from getting a chill on the way out!!! I like to slowly get the bathroom back to the temp of the house by opening the door just a little while I suction the nose out.

Something else that helps is saline. I like to use "Little Noses".

I really wouldn't bother with tylenol with that low of a fever. That is still considered in the "normal" range. BUT if it helps her sleep then go for it!
    Taerna

Answer by Taerna at 10:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2008