Working moms, how do you do it? How can you work and take care of family at the same time without jeopardizing your marriage?

I'm sorry, re-post I was hoping I would get more opinions. When I work my dh is off work and when I'm off, he works. How do we keep this marriage together. We've been married for more than 15 years and I always stayed home until one year ago that I got a job. What makes me more sad is that he doesn't say anything about this, almost as if it does not bother him and yet it bothers me like hell. I've spoken to him about my feelings and he never says anything. Please tell me how you deal with this? How does a marriage survive like this? By the way he does not complain about absolutely nothing, it's almost frustrating. I almost feel like he doesn't love me even though he says he does.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• For the first 3 years of our relationship, my fiance worked till about 11pm, and I had a regular day job... He would be asleep when I went to work, and I would be asleep by the time he got home. How we managed to get pregnant, I don't know, heh. Now, we're both on the same schedule, and I'm VERY happy about that. I don't really know what to tell you, I hated his hours, and he wasn't too thrilled about it either...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I am in a similar situation and it is deftly hard! I work full time and my husband is a police officer so he works holidays im off and weekends when i'm off. He's also not a good commuicator so at times it can be hard. Basically we try to take alittle time for each other each night even if its just hanging out watching tv and try once a week to just do things with just each other. It doesnt happen alot but we try. It's deftly hard to keep up with things tho working full time i often get frustrated too. So i guess instead of having a great answer i can more say i deftly relate
    mylilboy00

Answer by mylilboy00 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• It isn't easy and we are looking forward to retirement. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I was about at 15-16 years doing what you are doing ( I was working the whole time though) when things slowly started falling apart we held on for another 4 yrs before getting divorced he never complained about mucheither it was his choice to work graveyard not mine If at all possible I would try and get on the same shift altough that doesn't always work with kids.
    I don't know what to tell you try and work it out between you
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• We both work during the day. I am home by 3pm and he is home by 6 pm. I am a teacher so I have summers and holidays off.!!!!!:) I am attending grad school as well. We have regular datenight every month. We always make the time. We are both off on weekends as well. That helps.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• seems like u r living my life.we both r busy & its always me who is worried about spending time with him, he seems to be least concerned
    A11

Answer by A11 at 5:40 AM on Sep. 30, 2010