I think my 8 year old boy has discovered what he can do with his pee pee in private

I heard him breathing hard under his blankets in his room and realized what he was doing.. I was shocked and kinda speechless is there some kinda talk i should having with him is this normal for his age.

terra767

Asked by terra767 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Whether or not to talk to him about it is completely up to you. But if you do it's important that you remain calm and not be judgemental. Masturbation is completely normal. All he knows at this point is that it feels good.

In my home I allow my son to play with himself so long as it's in his room with the door closed. I explained to him that there is nothing wrong with it but it is something to be done in private. We never went into the specifics as to why it feels good or what a penis is meant for. Not yet.

Only talk to him if you're able to do so without becomming embarassed or upset. You don't want him to feel that what he is doing is shameful...

... well that is unless you feel it is shameful...most people these days don't believe that anymore.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Well this is why god made our arms that long! It is so normal but also private, knock first and maybe get him a door lock. It's just the beginning...................
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I don't think you need to talk to him yet... he was in his room, under the blankets. If you caught him doing it on the couch or something, you might need to have the privacy talk, but that's about it. It's natural for him to explore... just start knocking before you enter. JMO
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• 8 OMG MY SON IS 5 AND HE LIKES TO SCRATCHAND ITCH AND ALL AND HERE I THOUGHT HE HAD A RASH. COULD MINE BE GETTING THE SENSATIONS ALREADY? MAN NOW I GONNA WONDER
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 11:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008