HP Products

I bought a HP Laptop computer 2 years ago from Best Buy which the motherboard has broken now 4 times with in the past year and no one seems to want to help me! I am tired of dumping money into it, and that is what they say every time I call... just pay 49.99 and we will fix it. But really how many times should this computer break and be fixed? I think it is terrible that I have paid all this money for a laptop, extended warranty (which is now expired), and to have this computer fixed and it is the same problem every time! There is something wrong with their product, and they want to leave me with nothing! I do not recommend that anyone else buys HP, because they don’t back their products! You will just have issues and be spending a ton of money! Not to mention that you cant find any numbers other than tech support! I know I will never buy HP again and will let everyone else I know and talk to to go with a different company!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• HP does have one laptop model that is nothing but a lemon. Other than this one model all of their other products are great. My husband has an HP laptop that he took with him to Iraq a few years ago. It made it through sand storms, being thrown around in a ruck sack, etc. He is still using it now. My sister on the other hand bought the lemon and has had the exact same problems with the motherboard that you are. I am sorry that this has happened to you. I know it can be very frustrating.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Wow I've always had HP's and had great luck with them. Even our printers have always been HP's. Have you looked up a product review on the model you have? If it's gotten really bad reviews maybe you could talk to HP and see if they can help you out. Especially when you had the extended warrenty and still have had problems. Never hurts to ask and let them know how unhappy you are, maybe they will offer you a replacement if you talk directly to the company.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I bought an HP PC back in 1999.I loved it.Now I have a Toshiba laptop that I bought at Best Buy for 500.00 and I love it.I originally bought it for school but I use it for everything and have never had any problems.HP used to be the way to go.But now you really have to shop around.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010