Kids say the darndest things!

What is the funniest thing said, that you can recall, from your child(ren)?

My DD is a very 'matter-of-fact' child!

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 7:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• my daughter when she was 3, to eat the last candy in her box of candy told me that it was lonely and wanted to join it's friends in her tummy...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Well, DS's,2, latest is to come up and hug me and say,"I a sweet baby" , in a cute little voice and when I hug himback he puts on a demon voice and says,"I a rotten baby!" and runs off giggling. He's done this all day today. LOL
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My 3 year old daughter was taking a bath last week and started talking about underwear. She asked me if I had underwear. I told her yes and asked her if she had underwear. She answered, "No, I got butt!" and started laughing...well she was in the tub naked.

When my 14 year old was about 7 I was really frustrated and told her she would argue with a fence post. Her reply was, "Mama, you are the fence post, and you're always going to be the fence post."  I would have been mad if it hadn't been so funny and so true.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 8:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My 8 year old (who is hiliarous) while at the dinner table said "I bet if you know we would be here (pointing at him and his brother) you wouldnt have married dad"...LOL
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My son isn't talking yet, but my friends son showed up in her room at 2 am wearing a hard hat, a muscular super hero outfit, and boots. She woke up to him digging in her hair. When she asked what he was doing he replied, "I'm the tooth fairy mommy, and I just gave you five cents!!!"
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My 6 yr old says so many funny things its hard to think of just one. But one day, my daughter went to the park with our neighbor. When she got back I asked her if she had fun. She replied, " I went in the bathroom, and guess what I saw?... A bloody coupon, and it was niscusting!" Another funny thing I remember her saying is when she comes home from pre-school, I would always ask, How was your day? She would then tell me, in a happy voice" Good. I didn't get hit today!"
    My other daughter, who was 18mo at the time, was getting out of the bath and said she wanted her Brrrr. She was refering to the towel, because when ever she gets out of the bath, I always say " Brrr, its cold" as I'm wrapping the towel around her. So, now all blankets and towels are called "brrrrs"
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My nephew was at the park feeding the ducks bread. After he ran out the ducks swam away. I asked him where he though the ducks were going and he replied Wal Mart. LOL
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 12:52 AM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The other day, my DD came up to give her dad a kiss, then turned to me and said, " I just kissed your husband!"
    Our gold fish died the other day and she tells me, " now he is up in heaven, with Jesus....and Michael Jackson" lol
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You ladies have MADE my night!

Mine, last night, came in from town with her dad and asked if I could move her bedtime. lol
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• My DD goes to pre-k and last week they did Grand-parents day. Well, the days leading up to them she kept asking me when she would get to go to her 'parents house.'
    My DS says Momma constantly and at very random times, like when we take DH to work and then he just stops when we drop him off. Well, when I say "what?" to him..he says "Da." its soooo hilarious! Its sooo random and I have to say "what?" in order for it to happen.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010