What specifically do you LIKE or DISLIKE about Palin? Why?

I've seen a lot of people tear down McCain for choosing Palin as a running mate. I personally believe she is GREAT! The fact is she is tough as nails and won't take being walked all over. Since becoming Gov of Alaska she has changed that state for the better. Not to mention she is a real person with real views and knows what it's like to be a little person. She owned a small business, so she knows how hard it is to be a small business owner. Is the issue that she's a woman? Or is the issue her personal life? And if it's her personal life, what difference would that make to whether or not she can be a good VP or not?

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My issue isn't necessarily with her, just the fact that she was used to "lure" women voters.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 10:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• she is being walked all over by the mccain campaign. treated like a puppet she is not though just very deceiving.
    Anonymous

• I don't think she was the most qualified for the job. As a woman, I am insulted with the idea that they just grabbed a woman to fill the spot hoping to get some of the Hillary support. Like any woman would do? I feel like she's a "trophy VP"... how insulting to women everywhere. I want to see women in office when they are the most qualified. I want fairness, not pandering. Aside from that, I don't agree with her political views (shes too extreme for me)... and I am not impressed with her intelligence.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• McCain is a moderate republican.. some of his views are towards the middle rather than totally to the right. Palin is a conservative to the right republican. Before she was chosen i was trying to decide who to vote for.. I voted for neither McCain nor Obama in the primaries.. I wanted Huckabee. Palin was chosen because people like me are very conservative and her values and beliefs align very close to mine. I believe in gun ownership, I'm pro-life, marriage between 1 man and 1 woman, abstinence education, etc. etc. etc. Also... for me it's not a race issue as I'm AA.
    Anonymous

• I see her as a woman of strength and integrity, I agree with her on the issues that are facing the nation today and I believe she relates well to most. I don't know why she was specifically chosen---we all have our opinions---but I do know that she is smart and capable and trustworthy.

McCain was not my first choice either. I wanted Ron Paul. I would prefer the government leave us alone and typically dems don't lean that way. Repubs tend to be more hands off of the two, well, typically.
    Anonymous

• Furthermore (I posted at 10:56pm) She and Cindy McCain understand my life more than anybody else on the campaign trail. I am happy to see more people like me represented and I am not speaking about money, which many of these posts fall to.
    Anonymous

• I completely agree with Serafyna.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I really wish I could vote for her, because she's a person I think I could be friends with, and I admire her outdoorsy way of life. But her extreemly pro-life stance, her abstinence only sex education, and her 1 man 1 woman only marriage views are completely opposite to mine. I think she's a wonderful, smart, funny lady and a good governor, businesswoman and mother, but really, I can't support her as vice president to an ailing, aged man who probably won't be able to finish his term.(Just for the record, I can't support some of Obamas positions either, won't comment on Biden, because Obama is apparently in good health!)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• She wants to take away my reproductive choice.

She's kind of a bitch, if her stump speeches and snide expressions are any indication.

She charged women for their own rape kits.

She drags her baby around like he's some sort of trophy. Before he was born, she cut funding for special needs kids, just like him.

She talks about being a middle-class mom while she's spending $150K in 2 months on CLOTHES for crying out loud.

She's frighteningly clueless.

She doesn't believe in global warming. She hates polar bears and wolves. She doesn't care about the environment, as evidenced by her attempts to block polar bears from the endangered species list so that drilling would be okay.

She's a liar.

need I continue?
    Anonymous

• not to start anything, but it bothers me that no one comments on biden..yes obama is in good health, but so was JFK. i'll admit, i'm not sold on palin..but i also didn't vote based on who the vp choice was.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2008