My Baby boy has really bad reflux does anyone know of anything that might help?

I just found out that my baby has reflux and all he does is cry even with meds has anyone ever had a baby with reflux

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, for better sleep you can put something to make the head of his mattress higher, put it under the mattress, not on top. Also maybe the reflux could get better if he tolerates the formula, so maybe ask his pedi if its possible a formula change would help.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 10:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I've never had a baby with reflux. Is he breast feeding? If so, are you eating spicy or fried foods that would upset him? Try giving him warm fennel tea (smells like licorice). It is very soothing.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 10:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• if he is on formula the only thing I've found that works is to cut his intake per feeding back. my son was taking 5 1/2 every 4 hours but now take 4 every 2 1/2-4 hours just depending whats going on. it sucks cause i really get nothing done, but he doesnt projectile vomit AS MUCH. He is almost 4 months and he's had it for3-3 1/2 months now. The dr didnt believe me when I went in adn still dont so I changed his formula, hes on zantac (which i dont like but it works for now) and i cut his intake back which has been the only thing i've found to help.

good luck, the crying, the pain on you lil ones face and the vomit all over you is really hard sometimes, but stay strong becase eventually they will grow out of it
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 10:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Mylanta. My son got diagnosed when he was 5 weeks and we used 1/5 teaspoon. Just put it in a nipple and let him drink it. We only used it when he was crying really bad. That's what our ped told us to do. It works instantly and won't hurt your baby. It might give the little one loose stools if you use it alot. Also, don't try to use it a half our before or after his meds since it coats the lining of the tummy and won't let the meds absorb. Good luck. I know how you feel. It's aweful to see them in pain and at the same time the crying drives you insane.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 10:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my son is almost 5 months old and the doctor told me that he had horrible acid reflux at 2 weeks. i have prescription that he takes once or twice a day, sometimes he doesnt need it now. and he sleeps with his head a little elevated, it helps alot. it will get better, he used to cry alot
    Kristi616

Answer by Kristi616 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• he may need a different med. Feed him upright not laying down., and keep him upright 20-30 minutes after feedings. My son had it and it's just starting to get better...he hardly needs medication anymore...he's 5 months
    JessTorres

Answer by JessTorres at 8:15 AM on Oct. 23, 2008