help me please

I am pregnant and dad(Brandon) it just seems that he don't want to be around but he wants me to give Abigail his last name!! What should i do? His last name or mine?

babygirl581

Asked by babygirl581 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• His, and make him sign the papers and get child support.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i think if your not married and he doens't seem interested in being a part of your baby's life, then the baby should have your last name.
    MommyRat

Answer by MommyRat at 7:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Yeah i had that problem with my first born...i end up giving her my last name. I told him i would change it if he did his part!!! Four years later hes still not around...needless to say she still has my last name and im not changing it!!!
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• do what you think is best. if he isnt going to be around and be dad i dont think he deserves to have a child with his last name. jmo
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• well he helped make her so he's gonna have to help one way or another and you'll have a easier time getting child support if she has his last name.
    kaylaylshfr

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 7:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• IF yall arent married and NOT commited to each other her having YOUR last name is the best and easiest way. dealing with everything afters with proving your her mother can get difficult. If yall are commited to each other and him being in her life then give her his last name. Good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• i gave my first born son my last name and i regretted it. i got back with my ex and had another son who does have his last name and so my first son is always telling me i should of given him his fathers last name. (he's 18 now) i guess i should of done it in the first place cause after all whether we like the kind of father they may become they still are after all their father a part of their blood. sometimes when we think the father doesn't deserve it we don't think of the effect it has for a child in the long run. these kids are their fathers children and are a part of that blood. so i would have to say as not to bash the last name of father your accepting that your child is also a part of them. making the child accepted for being part of their father. does that make sense? i can't seem to get my point across. kinda like if your not letting child have last name your in a sense saying that they are bad 4 being part of them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• that is what a therapist told me and i felt in my heart that it made sense. if only i could say it as eloquently as they had.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I gave my son his dad's last name and I regret it. He was NEVER committed to me, not in the year before I got pregnant and certainly not after. I hate that my son will ALWAYS have a different last name from mine.
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 8:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2010

• your's it's just more practical when you're enrolling her in school or taking her out of the country
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2010