• In the Spotlight:

what is meant by born again christien and what is angelican and budhist ?? is this all sects of christianity ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know much about Born Again Christian or Angelican. But I do know that Buddhism is not a form of Christianity in any way.

Basically, Budda is a state of enlightenment which is (as far as I understand it) a sort of god-like state that one can attain. There are thousands of buddas, male and female.

Wikipedia has a decent page on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Born again refers to being baptized and "born again" clean and into a new spirtual life w/ Christ.
    Anonymous

• Web definitions for Born Again Christian

Born again into the Kingdom of Heaven whilst incarnated in this life. To confess all sins through the Lord Jesus Christ. ...
    kwest.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/B.html - 
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Web definitions for angelican

realting to the churches of england
    quizlet.com/print/71310/ 
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Web definitions for Budhist

Buddhism is a set of teachings described as a religion or way of life. One point of view says it is a body of philosophies influenced by the ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budhist -
    vbruno

• Being born again refers to the experience of accepting Christ as your Lord and Savior and being "born again" into a new life' leaving the "old life" (life without Christ)behind. Being born again does not neccesarliy mean that you've been baptized although most believe that once you have accepted Christ, one of the next steps would be water baptism. Different religions differ slightly on that particular issue.
    Anonymous

• Heyyyy, I am a Born Again Christian...it means that you have acknowledged that He is Lord, He died, rose on the 3rd day, and have asked Him to come into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior. You are now a new creation, as someone else stated, you should see if you can go through the water baptism next. Also, there is more that Jesus has in store for you, you should seek for the Holy Ghost too! Being a Born Again Christian is the BEST thing that ever happened to me. I am no longer a dead man walking :)
    des10ey

Answer by des10ey at 4:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I'm a Catholic-Christian that is Born-Again. Being Born Again has different meaning for different Christians. For me as a Catholic Christian being born again means being baptized. Christ said that to be born again means be be born of water and Spirit (John Chapter 3). Water and Spirit = Baptism. For other Christians being born again can be something different as the other moms here have already express to you. If someone is Anglican then they ARE christian, it just means they are members of the Church of England also known as the Anglican Church. Buddhist are NOT Christians.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACCEPTED THE GIFT FROM JESUS OF HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS.

ANGLICAN: IT IS A DENOMINATION AMONG THE CHRISTIAN CHURCHES. THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS. HOWEVER MOST OF THEM AGREE ON THE LARGER ISSUES IT IS THE SMALLER POINTS THAT THEY DIFFER ON.

http://thewayeverlasting.com/?page_id=20
    THE ABOVE LINK IS A BIT MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ON CHRISTIANITY,

BUDDISM IS A TOTALLY SEPARATE RELIGION! LOOK IT UP ON LINE
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 11:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• thank u all but i think i will read from the sites u sent me
    so it will be more clear to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2008