Obama

Do you ever wonder why ppl only seem to see Obama as an African American even though he is half white? I have always been curious about that. I understand the history part of it but not all the negativity.

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• people see what they want to see.when they see 'bad' that's all them, not the person they are seeing. but as several(not all) 'mixed' friends/coworkers/clients have told me, once you are 'part-A.A.', most people consider you all A.A., they themselves included. kinda like myself..i'm half-american indian and half-irish..i 'look' more A.I., so i consider myself as such.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• It's because people have grown up with this idea that 'black is bad.' I don't get it either. I wouldn't care if he was purple. What people should care about is what he stands for, or doesn't stand for. Not how black or white he is.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• People don't think "black is bad". People can see, and calling Obama "White" would be ludicrous!
    Anonymous

• People see him as half black and half white. What is the point?????? I think everyone is aware of his race. Its a non-issue at this point. OK? can we let it go!?!?!
    Anonymous

• The point is that they dont see him as half and half. All ppl do is talk about not wanting a black president and all that other sh**. Ppl almost always call him the first black this and that. They never just say his name like they do McCain. I know the history part but the racism doesnt make sense on the white side because he is half of us to!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• actually, steph, i've heard newsanchors/journalists/common folk refer to him as 'the first AA president'..not 'first mixed president'.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2008